
Disclaimer: this may get rather long since I am so bad about posting regularly!
As always we have been busy lately. I was fortunate enough to get an interview for a half day position at an elementary school and while I didn't get the job it was great experience and opened the door for a nine day sub job in Central Point. It has worked out perfectly as C.P. only goes to school four days a week and spring break is right in the middle of the job. It has been a bit of an adjustment though as Breckin started going to daycare and this is the first time since he was born I have worked that many days in a row. It has been going great though, we found the sweetest lady with an in home daycare to watch him. While, the first couple days were rough (he is very attached to mommy) he now loves it there! They play outside a lot and there are just a few other kids there during the day that he gets to play with, I feel like it is a wonderful experience for him to become comfortable with other people besides me. However, I will be ready to return to stay at home mom status once this job is over!
The latest Breckin news:
He is just such a curious, observant, happy little boy and so much fun to be around! He is developing a sense of humor and loves to laugh at jokes that he makes up, even though we don't understand the jokes we find them equally as funny! He talks non-stop and uses great facial expressions, hand gestures and voice inflection in order to get his point across. His favorite words are dog and dada. Dancing is one of his favorite pastimes, any time he hears music he gets a head bob going and sometimes he makes up his own song to move to. Feeding himself, waving and clapping are also some newly acquired skills. While he still is not crawling he has developed a wiggle, scoot, dive and roll that he uses in order to get things he wants and he loves to stand. He has become proficient at pulling himself up to standing and much prefers that position, we have a feeling that if he ever crawls it will be short lived. One of his biggest and unexpected accomplishments is that he now poops on the potty! As I was changing his diaper one day I could tell he needed to go and didn't have another diaper close by so I put him over the toilet and he just seemed so comfy we have been doing it that way ever since. He hasn't gone in his diaper in three weeks, except for one time at daycare! I rather like not changing poopy diapers.
Here is some footage of his moving and talking (sorry for any blurriness):
And after all that playing, he sleeps so soundly :)
Rob is still working, which is such a blessing since most of his company is not. Besides working he has been having a great time converting a weed eater motor into an airplane motor and fixing up some old planes. With such nice weather I see many days at the flying field in our future. We have already spent some time out there, Breckin loves watching the planes!

I love the videos!!
ReplyDelete