Thursday, June 23, 2011

New Beginnings

So much has happened in the last few months, our lives have totally changed! As part of our new beginnings I am making it a priority to keep up with our blog, so you should be seeing more regular updates and I may even be ambitious enough to do some backtracking.

Here is a brief summary of all that has changed:

Rob interviewed for a job with Providence St. Vincents in Portland in March, he really didn't think that he was qualified for the position but since he had been out of work for 7 months it was worth a shot.

After a second interview Rob was offered the position of Building Engineer with Providence's maintence team and so began our whirlwind of changes!

Over spring break we spent tireless hours in the car (Breckin was such a trooper) trying to find a new place to live, we ended up finding a great house in Sherwood.

April 9th we moved Rob up to the new house and I headed back down to Medford so that I could finish out the school year.

The next week our house closed after a short sale process that only took three weeks, it felt so good to be done with the house but slightly stressful to get the rest of our stuff moved out and I moved in with my mom.

Over the next couple months we got to know the freeway between Portland and Medford better than we would have liked!

With the school year finally coming to an end Breckin and I made the journey north to our new home and boy does it feel good!

I have been loving getting settled in an almost 2000 square foot house! (our old house was only 718, yes that small)

We really love Sherwood, it has a great small town feel and a wonderful old downtown. There is a fun park right down the street from our house, tons of kids to play with and Rob only has about a 30 minute commute to work. I will post pictures of our new house as soon as I finish getting it all put together but here are a few of Breckin enjoying his new home!








1 comment:

  1. Yay for a new post!!! I can't wait to hear all about the new life!.... I miss you already!...

    ReplyDelete