Monday, June 14, 2010

On the Move!


Between scooting and cruising along anything he can hold on to, Breckin is all over the place. I was talking with some other moms today that have babies the same age as Breckin and we were all saying that it seems like our babies have turned into toddlers. Breckin is really asserting his independence, which can be difficult at times! He wants to "walk" everywhere, whether it is holding onto my fingers or pushing his wagon or cruising furniture. His tantrum throwing skills have become quite refined when you insist on holding him because there isn't a safe place for him to walk. Pulling himself up in his crib is another fun thing Breckin does. He often shakes the side of the crib and yells like a caged animal as well as throws his pacifiers and lovie out. Now that he is closer to a year old he has been trying more foods, two new favorites are raspberries and peanut butter (which he licks off the bread and then throws the bread on the floor). He also loves anything with garlic in it, other than those foods it can be really hard to guess what he will like, it changes from one day to the next.


Breckin also loves to be read to and play with books. Open, shut, open, shut.....

This is how I most often find him in the morning and after naps!
Breckin doesn't need toys just the recycle bin and the dog water (this was a fun mess to clean up, but I didn't have the heart to stop him, I could just see his wheels spinning!)




The other day he took over a three hour afternoon nap, I kept checking on him to make sure he was still breathing, he looked so cute.
My attempts to restrain him while I shower, usually he goes in his Johnny Jumper and dances while I shower but this day he wasn't having it!
We have gone to Babies in the Library since he was six weeks old and it is just amazing how his interaction level has changed since we started. He used to sleep through the whole thing and now I can't stop him from "helping" lead the group! I think we will be moving up to the wobbler's class soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment